Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Yellowstone Day Four

On Tuesday, Tim and I decided to get up early and go into the park. The next six pictures are from our early morning adventure.
Sunrise!
I found a bear! I was actually the first to see it. We were just outside of Mammoth and we caused a slight traffic jam. He didn't stay around tool long though. Seeing bears in the wild is really cool!
I can't remember the name of this waterfall but it's located just past Junction. Pretty!

When we got out to take a hike, these little ground squirrels were everwhere. They ran around our feet and "yelled" at us.
Our third and final bear of the trip. A black bear. There were quite a few people watching this one so he must have been there awhile.
We drove high enough over a mountain to find the snow.


We met the rest of our crowd at Canyon for lunch and views of the waterfalls. Here are Thanny and Audrey scraping bark off a tree.
Our acrobatic girls! In the tree are Bekah and Meghan and on the ground are Ellie and Alexis.
A whole passel of girls enjoying the waterfall! I had so much fun with my nieces and nephews! The trail to get to this lookout spot was narrow and straight down to the rushing river on one side. It was somewhat nerve racking to walk it with several children!



I can't remember if this is upper or lower falls but nonetheless I love watching the water fall (I meant for that to be two words). The amount of power displayed is awesome.
Bekah and Ellie at Artist's Point.
Nice pic of Yellowstone Lake.
One of the coolest animals we saw were bald eagles. There was a nest just inside the park boundaries; it was the first thing we saw, actually. This day both eagles were out of the nest and across the river.












No comments: