Friday, March 12, 2010

Business Fair

Fifth grade had their business fair today. The students have to come up with a product to sell (I think the teachers give them a list of ideas), they have to market it (make a poster), and sell it in the gym on the appointed day (yell at each student who walks by). So here we see Paul and his partner, David, eagerly awaiting their next customer.


Their product was paper clip flippers. Bent paper clips that will flip any object a few feet away when pressure is applied correctly. They come in multiple colors. Please feel free to send in your orders.


For an extra fee, you can also purchase specialized objects to flip with your paper clip flipper.


And here are the industry moguls counting out the number of tickets which indicates how many items have been sold.


We are still trying to figure out the purpose of this unit of study since we had to have a lengthy discussion with Paul about how businesses don't get their supplies donated to them by their mothers and then count every sale as pure profit. I do know that they enjoyed being out of the classroom for a whole day!

1 comment:

Dane said...

I'll take 250 of them just in case I'm not completely crazy. After a few days of those, maybe I'll get my padded room. :)

Seriously though--how fun, and I love the looks on their faces. Priceless.