Friday, November 16, 2007

Thanksgiving Comes!

Life just seems to be flying by this autumn. If you can call 80 degree weather autumn :) We've had such nice weather. We just got a "cold" front in yesterday. I think we stayed in the 60s and it was quite chilly this morning. But it's back to the mid 70s for the rest of the weekend.

Our school had a really nice Veteran's Day program on November 9th. I thought Bekah's class was going to sing but it was only the fourth and fifth graders that stood up, everybody just learned the songs. So, Bekah looked awfully cute with her red white and blue, even if she didn't get to stand on stage. Paul was star of the week in his class that week as well. He and I taught his class how to make a paper airplane. That was fun. They are both doing very well in school.

This week was busy with Bekah's teacher's birthday, Thanksgiving lunch at the school and helping Amy clean her house after the renters moved out. Today the Kindergarten classes are having a feast to celebrate their pilgrim/indian unit. Should be fun! Pictures will, of course, follow in the next couple of weeks.

The kids get all of next week off from school, which Paul is really excited about. So, we are planning some fun activities, like making cards for wounded soldiers. Some of you may have gotten the email I forwarded about sending cards to Walter Reed Medical Center. And, I get to cook the Thanksgiving turkey this year. Pray for me! Ha! :) I found a recipe I want to try and my mother in law was more than happy to let me have the honor this year.

And, of course, the wonderful tradition of shopping the day after Thanksgiving. I am so excited! We just have so much fun (my sister in law and I) and are hoping my friend Karri can come along this year.

And then, Bekah's birthday is the following week! I can't believe she's six. She has requested a Ballerina party so the boys may be a tad bored (cousins and neighbors). I think I'll send them out to play football or something while the girls do girly ballet things.

Such exciting times! Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: