Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Yellowstone Day One

Okay, I know I said I'd get this done a couple of weeks ago...chaos has reigned! We've had Vacation Bible School and school started for me again so I'm a little behind. Better late than never!

This first picture is from the day we arrived, Friday. What I'm actually calling Day One is Saturday, when we first went into the park.

This is Ellie and Bekah, who by the end of the week were convinced they were twins because they are in the same family, are the same age and have the same middle name. They were so cute! And talkative!
This is the next morning, waiting for the adults to get ready, I guess. Bekah and Audrey, watching a movie. I think Hoodwinked ran several times that week. We won't be watching that one for awhile!
Our first buffalo encounter was pretty quick after we entered the park Saturday. Not uncommon. I was riding with Emily that day and one snort and I urged her to keep on movin'.
Tim must have taken this picture cause it's awesome. With the mountain in the background. He should take up photography.
Another buffalo.

This little ground squirrel...down by the rocks...was cute. The kids had fun trying to see him up close. This was at the Madison ranger station.
Beautiful river...I think the Madison river. The scenery is just gorgeous!
And more buffalo. Funny story...on this day, Emily and I were taking a car load back to the house and we got stuck behind a buffalo walking, in our lane, on the road. It took awhile for him to get where he was going and we just had to inch along behind him. I think Emily has a picture of that on her camera.
A field of buffalo.
Nice hot spring. I love how you can see right down into them and the blue color is from the minerals and such that are in it. This was is Norris Geyser Basin, I think.

Nephew Daniel by a mud pot. Love those mud pots...they smell soooooo good. :)
Paul standing in front of a small geyser. There was another one right behind it.
Paul and me...same geyser.
Another hot spring with steam. If you look really close you can see the water boiling.

Mom, Dad and Cherith waiting for a geyser to go off. I don't know the name of it but the next three pictures are of the same geyser.



Nice elk! Can you see the rack?
Elk in the river.
Daniel watching elk in the river.
















And that is the first whole day we spent at Yellowstone. It was great! I had so much fun seeing my family and getting to know my nieces and nephews again. I already miss them all soooooo much. We also had the wonderful opportunity to see Dad's family and that was great too. Pictures will be forthcoming.

















No comments: