Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Yellowstone Day Three

That's Emily's van in front of us heading into the fog.


















Paul and Bekah in front of Gibbon's Falls. It was pretty chilly up in the mountains early in the morning.


















Mom and Dad with all the grandkids. Audrey, Paul and Daniel are in the back. Front row left to right is Thanny, Ellie, Cherith, Bekah, Meghan and Alexis.


















Our family in front of one of the hot springs. I wish I could remember the names of all these features.


















Paul and Bekah somewhere in some geyser basin in Yellowstone. If I had a map I could probably tell you the name but I don't.























Tim and Paul in a similiar location.


















I believe this is Roaring Mountain. Apparantly is used to be pretty loud with steam vents. It was pretty quite the day we were there.


















Grizzly Bear! I really wasn't expecting to see a bear at all. This one looked pretty young and was just walking on the hill beside the road. He looked like he knew where he was going. Traffic was backed up forever! But we happened to be near a little spot to pull out so we parked and got out to watch.


















Dad had walked down this path and then called really excitedly for all the kids to come and see something. So we all ran down the path to see this really exciting something. It was rocks. That's my dad for ya! Big obsidian rocks. The kids thought they were pretty cool.


















This place was called Sheepeaters Cliffs. The kids had a lot of fun climbing on the rocks and walking the trail. My niece Audrey, in the middle, is a great climber!




































I think this is a Mammoth Hot Springs. This area was very different from what I remember fifteen years ago.



























Look at the rack on that elk! That's a monster and he still has two or three months for those things to grow. Their neck muscles must be massive! Holy cow...elk!


















And that is the conclusion for Monday. It was a long day but really fun. It's kind of neat to know that you can only see some of these things in one or two places in the world. At least in this volume. And, of course, I was with my family. That was the best part of all!

No comments: