Friday, December 17, 2010

The Final Step Approaches

The semester is over! It was a bittersweet end because I absolutely loved the first grade class I interned in. This was the hardest but most rewarding semester. I am so thankful for my mentor teacher, Denise Bridges, for all she taught me and for allowing me to work with the wonderful kids in her class. By the end of the semester, they were my class too!


The first graders were so funny, challenging, and delightful. I love that you never know what might come out of their mouths and how excited they get when they figure something out.

Now, on to student teaching! I am super excited to be going into Mrs. Johnson's first grade class at Winkley Elementary. When we talked about student teaching at the beginning of the semester (and even the end of the semester) I got kinda freaked out. But after meeting Mrs. Johnson today, I am already so much more comfortable and excited. It's going to be awesome!

No comments: